One of the most worthwhile and lasting benefits of membership in ASIS is the professional development and networking opportunities provided for you. We give you the opportunity to network and interact with colleagues and other security practitioners in a local setting. Our Chapter is active in focusing on local professional issues, and providing festive social activities for members.
What does it mean to be responsible for the protection of valuable assets and employees? How are security resource-allocation considerations factored into corporate, private, educational, and governmental planning programs? What are the challenges facing security practitioners and administrators in today's multi-dimensional business world?
The answers to these questions are often complex, with differing implications for a broad range of interests. What is straightforward, though, is the need for the effective safeguarding of important property, information, and individuals. Providing quality protective and safety measures for a continuously-expanding landscape of potential vulnerabilities is a responsibility that requires diverse minds, competent abilities, proven achievements, and broad-based experiences.
The prevention of security incidents is becoming increasingly difficult in a world of rapidly evolving technology, instantaneous communication, and highly sensitive contrasts in political and cultural agendas. Not only are security professionals searching for answers to unique and complicated situations, but in todayıs business environment of shifting job responsibilities, many non-security professionals are being asked to address a broad range of security concerns. Oftentimes, in the face of a crisis, a lack of procedural understanding augments a confusion of job responsibilities to produce an unwanted, sometimes unrecoverable outcome.
Membership in ASIS International defines your role in security. Whether you have a vast range of security experience or have recently assumed responsibility for protection services, you will find the means to heighten your abilities and expand your understanding of appropriate security practices through the wide-reaching opportunities your membership in ASIS will provide.
How ASIS Membership Can Benefit Your Career:
If you're not already an ASIS member, now is the perfect time to join. Not only will you receive substantial savings on your registration fee for educational programs, but you'll also profit from all the other benefits of ASIS membership:
· Online courses-Providing the ease and convenience of distance learning
· Networking-Through ASIS local Chapters, meetings, the ASIS Membership Directory and the ASIS Web site
· Career Development-Through Executive Referral Service, you can find open positions in the security field. Also visit the ASIS Bookstore, which contains nearly 300 publications
· Information-Stay current by reading Security Management, the leading publication in the security field
· Resources-Unparalleled world class access and information through the O. P. Norton Information Resources Center, ASISNET, and the ASIS Security Industry Buyers Guide
· Professional Recognition-Enhance your reputation and credentials through accreditation as an ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
Visit the ASIS International Website to obtain a membership enrollment form